About the Club
Equipping future physicians for the reality of rare diseases. One in 12 Canadians are affected by a rare disorder (Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders), thus a physician is likely to encounter patients with rare diseases. The MSS Rare Disease Interest Group (rareDIG) aims to bring rare diseases to the attention of medical students. Whereas a physician cannot possibly know all 7000 rare diseases (National Institutes of Health), this group aims to encourage medical students to develop an awareness and appreciation of the challenges patients with rare diseases and their families face. As part of this group, medical students will be afforded the opportunity to learn how to care for and advocate on behalf of their patients with a rare disease, how to connect patients and their families to support groups and how to critically consider the often-scarce literature regarding rare disease.
- President - Jessie Kulaga-Yoskovitz - 2020 - Contact me!
- Executive VP - Cyril Boulila - 2021 - Contact me!
- VP Finances - Kyle St. Louis - 2018 - Contact me!
- VP External - Kristin Hunt - 2020 - Contact me!
- VP Professional Development - Noemie Villineuve-Cloutier - 2020 - Contact me!
- VP Professional Development - Sean Munoz - 2020 - Contact me!
- VP Communications - Andrei Aldea - 2020 - Contact me!
- VP Communications - Nikola Wilk - 2020 - Contact me!