For classifieds (housing, books, etc.): please submit them in the Classified section.
The following regulations applies to publications in the Murmur in order to maintain the quality of the newsletter.
- Deadline for submissions: SATURDAY night (by 11:59 pm) for publication in the next issue (Monday morning).
- You must resubmit your advertisement if you want it republised for the next week.
- Category: select the submission’s affiliation. For example, if your ad is about a McGill campus fundraising, select McGill. If your ad is about a talk at the MNI, select MUHC.
Please keep in mind the following when submitting your ad:
- Make your advertisement short and easy to read. If you have a large amount of text, please link it to an external website. We reserve the right to truncate or not publish your ad if it is too long for the Murmur layout.
- Don’t forget to include the name and contact information (e.g. email) in your submission, preferably at the end.
- Plain text is prefered over attachment. If you really need to submit an attachment, add a link in plain text to your attachment using your hosting services.
- Refrain from:
creating too many paragraphs
having a long title that contains more than the name of the event
submitting an English AND French version of your ad
- Keep your submission clean and professional.
All the rules aim to have a clean and easy-to-read layout for the newsletter. If you need to submit content that do not follow these guidelines, we encourage you to submit a short summary of your ad with a URL linking to a more detailed version of your submission.
If you are having any trouble submitting the form, please verify that your date is in YYYY-MM-DD format, and if still having trouble, please use Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari.
You will receive a confirmation email after you have submitted your ad.
If you have any question, please contact the VP Internal at firstname.lastname@example.org