1. Pathway to medical school: talk followed by Q and A period. Mid-fall. 20 attendees. 4-6 current McGill medical students to give their background, tips and road to medical school followed by a question and answer period. Food provided.
2. Observant Judaism in clinical practice: talk followed by Q and A. Mid-fall. 20 attendees. Observant Jewish practicing clinician to provide insight on balancing religious life and the demanding nature of working in health care. Food provided.
3. Mythbusting vaccination: shedding light on the religious conflict of vaccination and Judaism. Increase awareness of the benefits of vaccination and risks of avoiding it. Winter. 20 attendees. Food provided.
4. Clinical Exposure: allowing club members to shadow physicians in orthodox Jewish communities to learn about this underserved population. Throughout the year.
About the Club
The MDJA’s vision is to bring together individuals of all different backgrounds in an environment where they can learn Jewish laws pertaining to the practice of medicine, hold networking events, and be cornerstone members of a club that would work with Jewish physicians highly involved in the community who are trying to help low-income Jewish children get more exposure into the fields of medicine and dentistry.
- Co-president - Lee Benaroch - 2023 - Contact me!
- Co-president - Noah Oiknine - 2023 - Contact me!
- VP External - David Bouhadana - 2023 - Contact me!
- VP Internal - Josh Benchaya - 2023 - Contact me!
- VP Finance - Jeremy Levett - 2023 - Contact me!
- VP Organisation - Rachel Szwimer - 2023 - Contact me!
- VP Events - Joseph Moryousef - 2023 - Contact me!