For classifieds (housing, books, etc.): please submit them in the Classified section.
The following regulations applies to publications in the Murmur in order to maintain the quality of the newsletter.
- Deadline for submissions: SATURDAY night (by 11:59 PM) for publication in the next issue (Sunday at noon).
- You must re-submit your advertisement if you want it republised for the next week.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: CATEGORIES WERE CHANGED IN OCTOBER 2020
- MSS Council Events and Opportunities: This category should be used by MSS council members to advertise MSS Council-specific events. This includes, but is not limited to, events such as Internos, Chez Mers, FMEQ CGs, CFMS SGM/AGM, MSS Focus Groups, MSS Conference Fund, etc.
If this category is chosen, submitters must use [MSS], [CFMS], [FMEQ], [SSMU], etc. at the beginning of their title.
- MSS Clubs, Standing Committees & Specific Medical Field: This category should be used by all MSS Clubs, MSS Standing Committees and other stakeholders who wish to advertise events to medical students. This includes, but is not limited to, events such as a CSTAR workshop, an ACE Post-match talk, or an orthopaedic surgery symposium.
If this category is chosen and the event advertised is related to a specific medical field, submitters must use [Orthopedic Surgery], [ENT], [OB-GYN], etc. at the beginning of their title.
- General Interest: Any and all other opportunities may be shared in this category.
If this category is chosen, you do not need to use a tag. If you choose to use one, do not put [General Interest] as it would be redundant.
- If you are unsure which category to choose to advertise your opportunity, please feel free to email email@example.com
Please keep in mind the following when submitting your ad:
- Make your advertisement short and easy to read. If you have a large amount of text, please link it to an external website. We reserve the right to truncate or not publish your ad if it is too long for the Murmur layout.
- Plain text is preferred over attachment. If you really need to submit an attachment, add a link in plain text to your attachment using your hosting services.
- Keep your submission clean and professional.
- Refrain from:
– Creating too many paragraphs.
– Having a long title that contains more than the name of the event.
– Submitting an English AND French version of your ad. If you would like to include both languages, please include both in the same submission.
All the rules aim to have a clean and easy-to-read layout for the newsletter. If you need to submit content that do not follow these guidelines, we encourage you to submit a short summary of your ad with a URL linking to a more detailed version of your submission.
If you are having any trouble submitting the form, please verify that your date is in YYYY-MM-DD format, and if still having trouble, please use Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari.
If you have any questions, please contact the VP Internal Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org